Yes, we care
When we say we care, we mean it. Together with Nordic Choice we share a tradition and culture of doing more than is expected – for our guests, our employees, the community and the environment within different areas of sustainability. We call this work WeCare.
As a result we are ISO 14001 certified. This is a generic name for an international environmental management system, that secures we continously improve our environmental performance. All day, every day, always.
This is what we do
- Most showers and taps have a low pressure to reduce water consumption
- We turn off half of the lights in the hallways at night
- Every year, all lights are turned off during EARTH HOUR
- We use 100% offshore wind power
- 95% of our light sources are LED or energy-saving bulbs
- We use heat recovery ventilation
- We don’t use palm oil and only serve MSC certified fish
- All food waste is used for biogas
- Together with Too Good To Go, we offer a discount on our breakfast buffet after opening hours
- When you say ‘no thanks’ to housekeeping, we donate 50 DKK to UNICEF and support their fight against trafficking of children
- We are part of the “Good Neighbour” project
This is what you can do
- Unplug all your devices and adapters from power sources when fully charged or not in use
- Use your towel more than once
- Turn off taps when brushing your teeth
- Say no to plastic bags when shopping
- Reduce water bottles – tap water in Denmark is among the purest sources in the world
- Rent a bike at the reception – be sustainable and see Copenhagen like a local
Click here to read more about our sustainability fee.